The Hyundai i10 has been making waves in the automotive market, emerging as a popular choice for all kinds of drivers. Its versatility, affordability, and host of features simply cannot be ignored, and deserve our attention. To answer the question "Is the Hyundai i10 a good car?", let’s understand who the car works for…
Table of Contents
A family car must tick all the boxes of space, safety, and comfort. While compact, the i10 doesn’t shy away from performing as a family car. Small to medium families have found many perks in the i10, including:
- Space and Seating Comfort: This city car boasts a surprisingly spacious interior with five seats and a notable rear space of 252L which can handle your daily family outings.
- Safety Assured: The i10 comes with a standard array of safety features, including airbags, ABS brakes, and electronic stability control. But, beyond this, a new multi-function camera provides functions like forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) High Beam Assist (HBA), Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS) and more.
- Family-friendly Features: With a connective cabin housing impressive infotainment features like touchscreen display, Bluetooth, and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, the i10 guarantees both convenience and entertainment for the family on the go.
Sometimes the specifications we are told take a backseat in the face of what we want to hear – the price. Let’s look at how the i10 fares against your budget.
- Affordable: At the time of writing, the Hyundai i10 starts at just £14,430, presenting itself as one of the most affordable cars on the market. Pair this with the generous features and design, and it’s hard to come by a package like this again.
- Fuel Efficiency: The i10 can run up to an average economy of up to 56mpg, but depending on where you are, such as a motorway, you can see this value shoot up to an impressive 72mpg!
- Great Offers: You can expect to find outstanding financing offers on the i10 due to its popularity, especially with its recent design update catching our eye. Pair this with a strong predicted resale value, and the i10 places itself in a very desirable position. You can find our exclusive Hyundai i10 offers just below.
Reliability is non-negotiable for all drivers, so let’s see how the i10 squares up against itself when pushed to the limits.
- Reliable Brand: In the 2023 WhatCar? Reliability survey, Hyundai ranked 7th out of the 32 brands tested. A position like this already gives the i10 great guarantees.
- Warranty: The i10 comes with a five-year, unlimited-mileage warranty plus 12 months' roadside assistance.
Comfort goes beyond plush seats. It's about the overall driving and riding experience:
- Living with the Engine: A range of engines are available on the Hyundai i10, and even the entry-level engine – the 1.0L MPi 67 three-cylinder petrol – is more than enough for most drivers. Moving up to a 1.2-litre four-cylinder 83hp engine you can expect that little extra kick at lower revs that you may have been looking for.
- Ride Quality: A well-tuned suspension creates a forgiving drive, even with the larger wheel sizes, to absorb bumps effectively. The interior, complete with quality upholstery, adds to this feeling of smoothness – but we recommend discovering this feeling for yourself.
- Driving Experience: Despite the i10’s lower price, its lightweight frame and agile nature provide you with a pleasant and fun driving experience. The compact design weaves effortlessly through cityscapes and country lanes thanks to a tight turning circle and slick manual gearbox. A quiet driving ambience is another bonus that will have you smiling too.
We’ve inspected the i10 through a lot of lenses, and simply put, the facts and reviews don’t lie. Sure, you can find fault in the i10 if you look hard enough – who doesn’t want massaging seats as standard and a complimentary panini maker? But it’s hard to dispute the fact that the Hyundai i10 isn’t just a good car, but that it’s a great car.
Don’t just take our word for it – let’s sprinkle a few awards into the mix to give the i10 another pat on the head.
2022 - What Car Awards - Best Small Car for the City, The What Car, UK
2021 - Value Champion 2021, Auto Bild, Germany
2018 - Best Import Car 2017 – Small Car Segment, Auto Bild, Germany
2017 - Fleet World Honours - Best City Car, Fleet World, U.K.
2017 - Car Of The Year 2017 - Best City Car, WhatCar?, U.K.
If you’re thinking "What’s the catch?", then we’re afraid you’ll be twiddling your thumbs for a while. The humble and street-smart Hyundai i10 has consistently exceeded expectations because it is such a solid all-rounder. With a price tag that gives you the freedom to put some extra money back into your savings, we’ll stamp a resounding yes on the question “Is the Hyundai i10 a good car?”.
Streamline your daily commutes and driving lifestyle by taking a deeper dive into the Hyundai i10 with our experts. Contact us today to book a test drive and explore our latest offers tailored just for you. We look forward to hearing from you.