Eden Warranty covers almost all mechanical and electrical parts of the covered vehicle against mechanical and electrical breakdown. It also covers the cost of labour needed to fit or repair the parts.
Mechanical or electrical breakdown is the failure of a vehicle part, causing it to suddenly stop working, for a reason other than wear and tear, normal deterioration or negligence. Damage caused by the vehicle overheating is not considered a mechanical or electrical breakdown under the terms of the warranty.
You are covered only for the parts described in this document. Your warranty does not cover more than the manufacturer’s list price for parts.
There is no restriction to the number of claims you can make, but the combined total of all your claims cannot be more than the value of the vehicle at the time you bought it.
Repairs must not start before the administrator has approved them.
What is covered
• Covers most major mechanical and electrical parts against breakdown or failure
• Protects against the costs of replacing parts and the labour to fit them
• No limit to the number of repairs you can claim for, up to a total of the original purchase price of the vehicle
• Provides a replacement vehicle while warranty repairs take place
• Up to 60 days’ warranty cover while the vehicle is in the EU or the EFTA (European Free Trade Association)
• The warranty can be transferred to the new owner if the vehicle is sold privately
Exclusions Apply: Please see PDF below for full details.
If you'd like to transfer your warranty please complete this form.