Eden Motor Group is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected and your data is held safely, securely, and only accessed with your consent. This policy sets out how we protect and use your personal information.
- We are Eden Motor Group (Eden Motor Retail / Eden Automotive Ltd / Eden Motor Retail (Wokingham) Ltd), registered office 38-40 Portman Road, Reading, United Kingdom, RG30 1JG operating from 21 dealerships across the UK. In this policy we are referred to as: we, us, or our.
- We provide New and Used Car Sales, Servicing, Repairs, and Parts.
- We work with a number of third parties to deliver our products and services who are detailed within this policy.
- If you would like to discuss any matter concerning your data, or a specific aspect of this policy, including the right to be forgotten, please email email@example.com with your details and a member of our care team will contact you.
What information do we hold about you and your vehicle and how do we collect it?
- When you make an enquiry or transact with us we may collect the following information:
- Personal contact information including Name/ Address/ email address/ telephone number
- Vehicle details including Vehicle identification number (VIN), registration number, mileage, service history and other associated data relating to your vehicle ownership history.
- Details of a transaction and the fulfilment of your order
- Details of an enquiry and the fulfilment of your request
- When you visit our website, we may collect details of your browser and operating system, the internet protocol (IP) address assigned to you by your internet provider, the channel from which you arrived at our website, the pages which you visit on our website, and the date of your visit.
- When we converse with you by telephone or Live Chat we record this communication for training purposes and as a reference against your initial enquiry.
How do we use the information we gather?
- Where you have provi ded your consent, we may contact you periodically about our products and services which we feel are relevant to you. You may receive notification of relevant offers and promotions, Showroom events, or consumer surveys, via Email, Phone, SMS, or Post. You can update your marketing preferences at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We may use your interaction with our website to identify your interests and to ensure our marketing messages are tailored to you.
- To carry out our contract with you, and for our internal record keeping, we may process your information to complete the necessary paperwork related to your transaction. This may include warranty work or other after-sales obligations including the provision of breakdown and recovery services.
- Where it is in your vital interests and part of our duty of care, we will inform you of safety and product recall notices, Service due dates and the date of your MOT expiry.
- When we have a legal obligation, which may include assisting HMRC, the Police and the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.
- As part of our legitimate interest we may process your information to:
- Analyse our performance to improve our products and services
- Carry out internal research
- Prevent fraud or other criminal acts
- Undertake a credit check for finance
- The purpose of corporate restructure or reorganisation or sale of our business or assets
- Enforcing our legal rights to defend legal proceedings and for general administration purposes
Who we share your personal data with?
- A third party who is unconnected to you, will be unable to access your data without your consent. However, we will share your data with the manufacturer and connected parties related to your order, e.g. finance, warranty, service options; these include Vauxhall, Mazda, Fiat, Hyundai, Peugeot, Car Care, Safeguard, VPI, Finance providers: Black Horse, Vauxhall Finance, Santander, Hitachi, Northridge, Startline, Evolution, and Peugeot Finance Services (PSA Finance). A link to each of their privacy policies can be found at the bottom of this policy. We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties without your permission, or unless we are required by law to do so.
How long do we keep your data?
- If you have transacted with us we will hold your personal data and the data relating to your purchase on file for 7 years from the date of contract. At time of purchase you will be provied with the option to 'opt-in' or 'opt-out' of markeitng communication. If you do not complete an order, we will hold your data where we may have a legal obligation to do so and will not contact you with marketing material.
- Voice recordings of telephone calls and transcripts of Live chats shall be kept for 100 days
- If you have requested that we do not send you marketing information we will always retain sufficient information to ensure that we comply with your request.
- The only exception to the above time scales are if we are required by law to keep your data for a longer period.
Transferring your data outside of the United Kingdom (‘UK’)
- Where a third-party service provider referenced in this policy is located outside of the UK we will only transfer your data to a country which the European Authorities have determined has adequate protection in place to protect personal data (e.g. Canada, Switzerland or the Isle of Man).
- Where your data is required to be shared with a country operating outside equivalent data protection laws we will contact you to discuss the appropriate safeguarding ahead of disclosing your data to ensure adequate protection is adhered to.
- A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer, or other electronic device, when you visit our website. We may place a number of cookies in your web browser to enable us to gather analytic data and to store your preferences. You can set your browser not to accept cookies to prevent us from collecting this data.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through our database and our website.
Links to other websites
- To exercise your rights please contact email@example.com
- Access to your data
- You may request details of personal information we hold about you and, unless there is an exception to the disclosure, we will complete this request within 28 days.
- Stop marketing messages
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes you may change your mind at any time by contacting us. We will promptly update your marketing preferences.
- Be forgotten
- If your data held by us is no longer required for its initial purpose you have the right to request that it is deleted.
- Restrict data
- You can restrict the use of your data if you believe it to be inaccurate and can request for it to be amended.
- Transferring your personal data
- Where we rely on your consent, as the legal basis for processing your personal information, or need to process it in connection with your contract, you may request a copy of that information and it will be supplied in a structured data file.
- Access to your data
- If you are not happy with our handling of your personal information, you have the right to complain to the supervisory authority. You can do this by contacting The Information Commissioners Office through their website www.ico.org.uk, by phone on 03031231113 or by post at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
Links to our partners privacy policies: